Welcome to the first episode of the new Sound Women podcast, available right now for your aural pleasure at soundcloud.com/soundwomen. In it:
• Lauren Laverne of BBC 6 Music talks about pseudonyms, combining work and family life, dealing with earworms, and trophies in the toilet;
• Radio 1 Newsbeat reporter Sinead Garvan confesses to on-air innuendo to Ruth Barnes;
• The Student Radio Association‘s Emma Bradshaw reports from the Student Radio Conference;
• Nicky Birch of Somethin’ Else tackles your radio problems;
• and Sound Women founder Maria Williams talks about what made her start this whole shebang. She also recommends you come along to the inaugural Sound Women Festival at the Radio Theatre on 18th May, featuring Anita Anand, Fi Glover, Angie Greaves, and many more terrific Sound Women and Men; click here to buy tickets.
Plus, if you’re a Sound Women member, you’ll get a link via email to hear special bonus podcast content in which Lauren Laverne talks about making wishes at the Clootie Well, and reveals whether a Kenickie reunion is in the offing.
If you want to contribute to the Sound Women podcast, or send a question for the Radio Agony Aunt, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @soundwomen.
See you back here on June 1st for the next episode of the Sound Women podcast!