Coming back from maternity leave or a career break? Feeling the need to review your career options?This innovative and hands on Indie Training Fund workshop run by Sound Women’s Sue Ahern will offer a unique opportunity to take stock, assess your professional skills and experience objectively, and decide the best course of action.
It’ll ask what you want from the next phase of your life, and what you want longer term. This may be to resume your pre-motherhood career, update your skills, move to a new organisation, change your role temporarily or permanently, or re-negotiate your present job.
The all-day workshop will include:
• A career audit: careers should be seen in phases – what you do next doesn’t have to be forever
• Life/work balance – thinking strategically about your career
• First steps back to the workplace
• Managing stress
• CV clinic
• Basic assertiveness skills to boost confidence
• Managing upwards – negotiating new terms with your boss
• Networking tips
(This workshop is being offered at the specially reduced price of £50 because it’s been partially funded by Creative Skillset, so we regret that on this occasion we are unable to offer an additional Sound Women’s member’s discount or priority booking. We hope to rectify this for any future workshops .)